Mon, 29 July 2013
- One additional congrats to Rich, and what his performacne means for us
- A moment on the mountain, and what it reminded me of
- The moment, and why it's the only thing you've got
- Training progress, like anything else, is not a matter of surging forward. It's about taking the next best step. It's about balance. it's about having a decent time while you're at it.
That and more on this episode!
Direct download: BB_17_-_The_Rich_Froning_3-Peat_PainBalance_and_your_moment_of_mastery.m4a
Category:general -- posted at: 10:30pm PDT
Wed, 24 July 2013
Where, what, how to read these fancy book things. Keep this in mind and you'll be smarter, and you'll coach and perform better. What's not to love about that!
Direct download: BB_16_-_Sht_books_say_fresh_ideas_learn_and_train_better.m4a
Category:general -- posted at: 2:41pm PDT
Mon, 22 July 2013
Why bad days on your hustle and in your gym are the worst, and the best thing...
- The war of art
- What my son, his fussy eating habits and that ear of corn tought me about mindfulness today
- Looking past today's fog to see our progress
- Focusing on the next best step
- The bad day as a blessing
Enjoy the fruits of my bad day,
Direct download: BB_15_-_Your_bad_day_is_the_best_thing_that_could_happen.m4a
Category:general -- posted at: 8:36pm PDT
Fri, 19 July 2013
Here it it, my Rich Froning story. Hanging with the Crossfit Games champ tought me a thing or two. I want to share that with you.
Mon, 15 July 2013
On todays show...
- Close minded jerks, and why I almost ripped ones head clean off today.
- A special sneak peak from the upcoming audio version of the book, Progress. The topic, habits.
- You are what you repeatadly do. So this begs the question...what are you practicing?
Fri, 12 July 2013
Joint me, dear listener, for chat about...
- My time in the desert
- How much you're missing in your rush
- Where the beauty is
- What guitar players can teaches us about programming
Happy Vice Friday!
Tue, 9 July 2013
Today's topic? We spend our early lives rapidly accumulating knowledge. The trouble is that there's a huge gap between knowing and doing. It takes time to be able to translate that information into a form that can affect your life, your career, your family and your training for the better.
Let's get to it!
Direct download: Barbell_Buddha_11_-_Bright_flowers_and_heavy_barbells.m4a
Category:general -- posted at: 7:28pm PDT
Sun, 7 July 2013
It's a beautiful, sunny, tipsy Sunday afternoon. Let's chat about the privilage of travel, finding out just how wrong you've been, then learning how to cast off your wet blanket in favor of something more true and awesome!
Direct download: Barbell_Buddha_10_-_Taking_off_the_blanket.m4a
Category: -- posted at: 12:55pm PDT
Wed, 3 July 2013
There's all this stuff you want to get accomplished in your career, during training, in your personal life. And you want to get there as soon as possible, right?
I commend you, but you're making a big mistake. Let me point you towards something better...
- Learn to lean forward and work
- Understand the four key phases of development, and where you are
- Finally, embrace where you are now, and know that this is right where you belong for the moment
This podcast could change everything for you.
Direct download: Barbell_Buddha_9_-_Time_motion_and_where_you_are.m4a
Category:general -- posted at: 7:55pm PDT
Mon, 1 July 2013
I wanted to take a moment and share my view on programs. You know, specific programs that you can find out there in the wild. Here's the summary:
- You need a plan...some kind of program...but there's no magic in it.
- The test is whether or not you're making progress. If you are, then you're just where you need to be. If not, a change might be in order.
- However, do not get caught up in the game of chasing down the perfect program for you. No such thing exists! There's no magic out there. You just need to understand which tool might be best for you right now.
- Your first warning sign is when you feel frustrated that maybe someone else is doing something better. That's a lie.